Saturday, June 24, 2017, 11:00am - 05:00pm
June 24, 2017 – Summer Kick Off and Beach Party
Port Townsend Marine Science Center, 11am-5pm
Discover Pass Required for Fort Worden State Park; free admission to PTMSC
A jam-packed day with fun and educational events to celebrate the start of summer and reinforce our connection to the Salish Sea.
- Low Tide Walk (Begins at 9:30)
- Salish Sea Blessing Ceremony
- Tours of Hope – one of only 8 fully-articulated orca skeletons in the world
- Listen to Orcas – Hear communicating via Hydrophone Listening Network
- Free Boat Tours on Puget Sound Express whale watching vessels
- Explore Gray Whale Skeletons – help piece together a real skeleton
- Sand Whale Sculptures – be a part of the community art project
- Live Music, Beach Games, Community Portrait, Food & Beverages, and much more!
Location Marine Science Center, 532 Battery Way E, Port Townsend, WA, 98368
Contact 360-385-5288, firstname.lastname@example.org